Friday, August 29, 2008
The Dumb keep getting Dumber
I've never been one to get on a political high horse but I've had enough. I just watched John McCain's announcement of his Vice Presidential running mate and her speech. First off, it's a sad sad world when McCain thinks all he has to do to win over Hillary's voters is to pick a woman. As if any random woman is will do. The Governor of all places Alaska, and for less than two years?! The poor woman is being used, big time, and she must know it. Her speech was amateurish and at times ridiculous. She actually made reference to Hillary Clinton and the 18 million cracks she put in the glass ceiling...and then claimed that she (herself not Hillary) was going to crash through that ceiling. Okay. Couple of problems here. Being selected as the VP nominee by McCain is nowhere even close to anything that Hillary has done. People didn't vote for Hillary only because she is a woman, it was because she has what it takes to be a leader. The self professed "hockey mom" from Alaska? Yeah not so much.

On the other hand I've been following the Democratic National Convention. A year ago this time I actually made the comment that if our next President was a man named Barack Obama that I was moving to Canada. It had nothing to do with him being black, that to me is a non-issue. It was just with a name like that it sounded like he should be hanging out with Bin Laden or something. I was a Hillary fan. I've always been a fan of the Clinton's and all they've done for our country. Bill was easily the best president of my lifetime thus far. Imagine my surprise when one day I decided to take a quiz on CNN.com. The quiz had a series of the candidates responses to questions on every issue possible, only it didn't list which candidate had made which response. You had to blindly choose which one you agreed with more. At the end of the quiz I was quite surprised to find out that I had chosen Obama's answers much more frequently than Hillary's. That's when I knew I had to be open minded and start really listening to what each of them had to say. The first time I've ever voted in my life was in the primary, and I cast my ballot for Obama. I never thought I'd give into all the hype, I usually tend to do the exactly opposite of that but here I am. As the new catch phrase goes: we don't need 4 more of the last 8 years.

posted by Sara at 1:02 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Avon on Facebook
Blogs to Read
Old
Older