Thursday, October 11, 2007
37 Weeks...
Not much to report. At the doctor this week the baby was measuring about a week ahead of schedule and I lost two pounds. They said I could pretty much "go at anytime now". We've been trying to take care of last minute things around the house to get ready - like packing our hospital bags, making sure all the toilets are clean (yeah I don't know...part of nesting I guess), finalizing the plans for who's keeping Blake when and where once I go into labor etc. We still need to install the car seat, set up the bassinet where the baby will be sleeping at first, sterilize the bottles...the list goes on and on.

I had a couple of what I'm pretty sure were contractions yesterday. I had about three at work in the morning but they weren't painful and weren't really consistent so I'm sure they were just Braxton-Hicks. Then last night I had one or two pretty intense ones that were painful, but I took a bath and laid down and they went away.

I found this list about signs that labor may be coming soon...I'm having about 5 out of 8 of them...I don't know, I just don't get the feeling that Tucker is going to hold out until November 2nd. Aaron and I have both picked October 26th as D-day...and there happens to be a full moon that night. The labor and delivery nurse at the hospital was telling us how they always get really busy with women going into labor on full moon nights.

Two weeks left of work. I hope I can make it. It's getting harder and harder everyday just to get up and dressed and out of the house...much less make it through 8 hours then pick up Blake and worry about diner etc.
posted by Sara at 2:44 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At October 12, 2007 at 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    contractions?

    Lucky. :)
    Nothing here to report, but the news of a full moon is good to know...I have also heard that birthing centers get super-busy during full moons...

    ~Lori

     
  • At October 15, 2007 at 10:02 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    I thought maybe they were going to be the start of something serious...but so far I haven't had anymore. This little boy is stubborn already!

     
Post a Comment
Avon on Facebook
Blogs to Read
Old
Older